Ashley Hammock CEO and Founder of World of Powerful Youth Non-profit Organization here in Sacramento, CA started her journey back in 2011 when she started planning a youth event called Unimaginable Youth Talent and Fashion Showcase to help build our youth's self-esteem by having support from our community. A fundraiser to raise funds to help our future leaders with their school supplies, books, and backpacks for the upcoming school year. After three years of planning the youth event Ashley decided to step out on faith and started World of Powerful Youth Organization in February 2014. Every child deserves a bright future, it just takes one.
Our Mission is to strive for Excellence. Our dedication lies in the EMPOWERMENT of our young people. We hope to eliminate self doubt and low self-esteem, thus creating a brighter future for our FUTURE LEADERS.
Our Purpose is to prepare youth to have a safe and fun environment with support of Adults, to grow into be healthy and successful adults.
World of Powerful Youth is a nonprofit agency providing educational and mentoring programs for elementary, middle and high school youth in the Greater Sacramento area. The program will form partnerships with local school districts and the low income housing communities. World of Powerful Youth's goal is to foster a commitment to young people that will promote pro-social
friendships, strong interpersonal skills, and reassert a sense of hope in the future. Only through personal relationships can a sense of
individual responsibility be reestablished that will give youth the commitment to follow through on path to adulthood with a sense of
pride and accomplishment. Through repeated failures in the classroom and the development of destructive habits, at-risk young people have lost faith in the possibilities that await them if they are successful in putting their lives together. To accomplish this goal, young people must be in a caring, inclusive learning environment that promotes their best effort and reinforces personal respect.
Values without compromise
- Integrity is top priority, and the World of Powerful Youth reputation for integrity speaks for itself.
- Stewardship encourages an attitude of gratitude and teaching kids about the importance and the joy of giving so that when they become adults they understand the importance of hard-work.
- Philanthropy teaches children the power of giving back and leadership, who better to train than our future leaders.
- Diversity is apart of all cultures. Not only do children become exposed to variety with WPY, they will also attain real life experiences for the real world in the future.
- Youth Development starts from the time our children are born. Statistics have shown that early childhood development expands a child's creativity. More so, developed leaders armed with dignity.
- Self Advocacy builds confidence which can be a high hurdle to jump for some children. With the support of their families, WPY, and our partners; we impel all children to become capable at striving to the best of the ability.
- Empowerment creates and teaches children to become delegated leaders. Children empower us adults just as much as we do them, why not give them something to follow.
- Leadership is a privilege earned amongst the best of the best. We want to instill in the kids to give everything their all at their fullest potential and change the world.